Austen Advisory will always select fit for purpose tools and methodologies. Austen Advisory works closely with several leading product suppliers including the following;
BSD are a code and design academy providing quality technology education worldwide. BSD was founded by a group of professionals in Hong Kong who share a common belief of the importance of technology focused competency led learning. BSD works with individuals, schools & universities and businesses ranging from start-ups through to multi-national co-orporations.
Austen Advisory partner with BSD to create forward thinking, cost-effective solutions for clients in the areas of assessment, development and succession management.
Through giving people the command of technology, BSD creates experiential learning programmes to develop not just the technical skills but build a mindset to innovate, solve problems and make operational improvements to stay ahead of the competition.
BSD programmes cover the following technical areas: Design and Computational Thinking, Digital Marketing, Digital Design, Computer Programming.
Examples of projects include;
Assessing the ‘digital fluency’ of individuals, teams or the entire workforce to:
- Inform promotion or mobility decisions
- Identify ‘digital champions’ as part of a wider development or innovation initiative
- Evaluate whether you have the internal capability requirements to meet your business’ strategic goals
Recruiting digital talent through;
- Defining digital talent needs; what are the critical knowledge, skills and behaviours for delivering their requirements
- Designing a recruitment process which reflects your ‘employer value proposition’ and provides an attractive candidate experience
- Conducting initial screening for fit to role and company using psychometrics and skills assessments vs ideal profile
- Educating hiring managers on what ‘good’ digital talent looks like and supplying them with practical tools to aid the process e.g. success profiles, interview guides etc.
Providing experiential learning programmes to develop capability in;
- Logical and strategic thinking – learn to think like a programmer
- Innovation and continuous improvement – apply agile and design thinking methodologies day to day, learn how technology is changing the industry to inspire new offerings
- Productivity – optimise technology possibilities to enhance individual and business operations
- Business development – learn how to use digital channels to understand the customer, consumer and formulate a digital marketing strategy
BSD Programmes can be delivered through offline, webinar or e-learning methods.
Actionable Insights through Innovative Talent Assessment
cut-e is a world leader in talent assessment, offering a suite of the innovative tests and questionnaires for recruitment, selection and development. All assessments have been rigorous developed by psychologists using the latest scientific practices and technology.
cut-e solutions include the following;
- Ability tests e.g. numerical, verbal, abstract/logical thinking
- Specific cognitive skills tests e.g. learning agility, working memory, concentration, information handling
- Language skills e.g. English ability
- Creativity tests – used to identify potential to innovate and be creative
- Integrity tests – used to predict counterproductive behaviours and mitigate risk of corporate scandals
- Personality questionnaires – used to evaluate predispositions to perform important work-related behaviours e.g. systematic working, effective communication, strategic thinking
- Values questionnaires – used to assess how an individual’s personal values, motives and interests align to the corporate culture and environment
- Situational judgement questionnaires – used to assess overall job fit through making judgements on a set of job related scenarios
- 360 feedback questionnaires – used for development through enabling an individual to gather a range of perspectives on their performance
Hogan Assessments is an international authority in personality assessment, has over 30 years of experience in providing assessment solutions to over 2.5 million working adults among Fortune 500 organisations worldwide. Grounded in decades of research, the Hogan assessments predict job performance by assessing normal personality, derailment characteristics, core values, and cognitive reasoning ability. The Hogan Research Division (HRD) maintains an archive of case studies demonstrating ROI across virtually every industry and job title. They draw on the latest findings and research practices to develop new assessments, reports, and other tools to meet emerging market needs.
Austen Advisory is a certified user of Hogan assessments, leveraging their profiling tools to develop their senior leaders, helping them fulfil their potential.
Pinsight uses computer based simulations to predict an individual’s potential to execute strategy for competitive advantage. The simulations place the individual in a role within a fictitious company and assess how they deal with a series of relevant challenges and tasks such as emails, facilitating a coaching conversation with a direct report, managing a customer meeting or presenting strategic recommendations to a superior. Certified assessors are used to evaluate the candidate’s behaviours and are ready live to act as the characters within the scenario for any spontaneous communications the candidates want to make. The candidate receives an interactive report to enable them to evaluate their performance and potential in different contexts as well as pinpoint the most impactful areas for their development.
This technology based simulation is ground-breaking in the world of assessment and can be 80% cheaper to deliver than a traditional face-to-face assessment centre approach, whilst providing comparable quality of data.
Saville Consulting is a psychometric assessment business with a suite of tools designed to help organizations identify and develop talent. Their flagship product is the Wave Personality Questionnaire which identifies talents, motives and preferred culture in one dynamic questionnaire. Results can be tailored to reflect organizational competencies, leadership frameworks and values. This is proven as a valid indicator of competency potential and cultural fit.
Austen Advisory is an accredited user of all their tools, typically using them for defining job success profiles, collecting 360 degree feedback, personality profiling for development, assessing potential for larger roles and designing efficient screening processes for high volume recruitment.
Founded in 1972, Sirota is a pioneer in the areas of employee surveys, action research, HR analytics and data utilisation. Their solutions have helped clients across industries and sectors unlock the potential of their people through building and sustaining employee engagement. Engaged employees are motivated to contribute 100% of their knowledge, skills, and abilities to help their organization succeed.
They care deeply about their company, want to contribute to its success, and regularly have peak experiences at work. Their ‘Engaging Leader’ solution uses a combination of psychometric profiling and behavioural feedback to develop leaders. The report provides a picture of the leader’s underlying motives and values and how these influence their behavior at work. They also see what their team thinks about working for them – and how engaged they feel as a result. Engagement drives performance, so the more engaged and effective the team feels, the better their performance will be.